From Lrose Wiki
Revision as of 16:59, 6 July 2021 by Jcdehart (Created page with "ctrec tracks echo motion in reflectivity or similar fields. === '''Overview''' === ctrec tracks echo motion using a cross-correlation technique to match pattern movement thr...")
ctrec tracks echo motion in reflectivity or similar fields.
ctrec tracks echo motion using a cross-correlation technique to match pattern movement through time in reflectivity or similar fields (e.g., infrared satellite imagery).
The following items are required:
- Reflectivity data (MDV format)
ctrec uses one parameter file that includes information about the input and output directories and echo tracking parameters.
Ensure file is up to date
To obtain the default parameter file, use the following command:
/path/to/lrose/install/bin/ctrec -print_params > param_file_name
If you already have a parameter file and simply want to check for (and add) updated parameters while retaining current parameters, use the following command:
/path/to/lrose/install/bin/ctrec -params orig_param_file_name -print_params > new_param_file_name
- mode: determines if the program waits for new files (REALTIME), moves through start and end times specified on the command line (ARCHIVE), or moves through list of files specified on the command line (FILELIST)
- field_name: name of field to analyze
- input_url: path to the MDV files
Output file parameters
- output_url: path where output data will be written
To check all command line options for ctrec, including debugging options and file paths, type the following command into a terminal.
Once your parameter file is complete, use a command similar to the following to run the application:
/path/to/lrose/install/bin/ctrec -params param_file_name